9/03/2009

Time is Running Out

       I've been pretty busy with this whole move thing -- not just this last week, but for the last couple of months.  As a result, summer has pretty much slipped by me.  
       And I love summer.
       I suppose I'm not alone in loving summer (although I do have friends who prefer autumn). But growing up in Saskatchewan -- where the winters can be brutal and long, and the summers lovely but short -- taught me to prize warm sunny long summer days.
       This year though, I have spent much of the last two prime summer months indoors -- packing, organizing, overseeing workers, decorating and unpacking.  And I'm not complaining. I am thrilled with our new home.
       But yesterday was the last day with the painter. Today will be one of the last with the contractor.  The house is coming together.  
       And according to Monday's newscasts, the Farmer's Almanac is forecasting a tougher than usual winter for our area.
       So I think I'd better squeeze some summer into my 2009 before it's too late. 

2 comments:

YLB said...

Don't forget sunscreen, mosquito repellent and watch out for grasshoppers

YLD said...

Come home to Saskatchewan -- it will be close to ninety for the next week, and you can get some well-deserved rest!