10/01/2009

A Lousy Finish

       Things hardly got better as the month progressed. 
       Although Olympia seems to be fine, and re-gaining her perkiness now that I have stopped giving her the antibiotics, I had very little success with my attempts to squeeze in some summer.  
       Instead, workers continue to come and go. I had thought we were done with the renovations. And I guess we are.              
       Now, however, we have moved on to fixing things that were built or installed during our renovation. Today, for example, I am expecting the alarm company to come to repair the alarm they installed last month. Even when the front door is closed and locked, the system frequently thinks the door is being opened. I figure that we have either an alarm problem, or a poltergeist problem....and I am leaning toward the former until proved otherwise.
       The fence guy is also coming today, after strong winds yesterday blew out two boards from our new fence. 
       I am praying that the pool guy will show up today, after letting me down again yesterday.
       On top of all that, I have to find time to winterize the fountain in front of our house because we may be having frost tonight between two days of otherwise lovely weather.     
       Sigh...
       Still, I did manage to have a few sort of summery moments last month. 
       I had hoped they would be relaxing, but they were more furious than anything.
        I gulped down an entire banana split at Dairy Queen one sunny Sunday, after conducting an impressive and cutting verbal attack on Tom for his failure to contribute sufficiently to the unpacking.
        Another day, I sat under a tree near a lake for about 20 minutes, after spending nearly 60 minutes trying to find the entrance to the damn state park which I know starts just behind our new house.
       And um...uh...I walked Olympia every day. Does that count for anything?
       Can you see why I failed to post anything for the rest of the month? In fact, I ended up giving up on summer entirely.
       Today is a new start though and time for a new resolution.  
       Thank goodness!
        

No comments: