4/30/2009

Vegetables Discovered

       So another month -- and another resolution -- has passed.  
       This one surprised me. Aren't resolutions supposed to be difficult and painful? Yet every time I ate vegetables this month, I enjoyed them.
       I guess this resolution counts more as a journey of discovery than a painful lesson.  
       And let's face it. I did learn something important.  
       Maybe I just don't like steamed vegetables. And perhaps it was unfair to vegetables to brand them all with a cloud of steam. I mean, I put a lot of time and care into cooking wonderful protein dishes.  But when it came to vegetables, I tended to just throw then in a steamer, like mere after-thoughts to my meal.  Or like something I dutifully did because I was told to, whether I liked it or not.
       What I discovered this month was that when prepared with care and creativity, vegetables can actually be pretty delicious, and even addictive.
       Thank you to everyone who provided ideas and recipes. You really helped open my eyes...and my palate.

1 comment:

voncey said...

So what's up for May? Looking forward to finding out!