5/15/2009

Not Quite the Botanic Gardens

       Yesterday, I was planning to go to the local Botanic Gardens with a friend. She is a member there, but I had never visited in my six years of living in the area.
       But when my friend called to confirm plans, she told me that she really didn’t feel like it, as she had errands to do and figured that she wouldn’t be able to relax enough to enjoy the gardens.
       I, of course, hadn’t really wanted to go either. I mean, I figured I should go, since I have resolved to do nature stuff this month. But that still doesn’t mean I’m going to look forward to such things. So instead, we ran errands together and had a lovely – and productive -- time doing that.
       And in case it seems like I’m shirking my resolution, let me reassure readers that it wasn’t a total loss from a nature point of view. While out together, I took advantage of the back of my friend’s SUV to transport home some new patio furniture I had been eyeing for our deck. 
       So today, I can sit comfortably out on the deck and enjoy views of nature. Sure it will be nature from afar, but it is at least a few inches closer than simply looking at the outside world through the window. And that's an improvement, isn't it?

3 comments:

voncey said...

Sitting outside enjoying the weather and the fabulous views is great! I don't think you need to be knee-deep in grasshoppers to experience nature. :)

YLB said...

Hmmmm,

Driving around in an SUV?

See your March resolution.

Top Dog said...

Hey YLB. It wasn't MY car! And furthermore, I like to think we were carpooling since we were sharing the use of the vehicle, rather then each driving one car. So there!