6/25/2009

I Don't Want To...

       I finished the main part of "War and Peace" today, and I feel satisfied with it. I really do. The ending was interesting, with some hints of the future lives of the characters and of the country. A story had been told, albeit a bit repetitiously.  I feel done.
       So how am I going to get through the next 150 pages? I really, really don't want to continue.  
       So why did Tolstoy? Why couldn't he just have stopped at page 1125? Wasn't that enough? 
       I guess I'm going to have to dig in and find out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Whilst you have been reading I've been painting, putting down a wood floor, & gardening so I haven't had much time to follow June's resolution. Off on Holiday for now, looking forward to July's resolution.

Pam

Top Dog said...

I have missed you Pam! i hope you have a great holiday and look forward to hearing from you in July.

nita said...

I am crashing a book club in Naples next week, so I hope to have a number of new book ideas. I just finished P.S. I love you by Ahern, and The Measure of a Man by Poitier. Both were great books.

Nita said...

additional note:
I am reading a Mauve Binchey book, And like War and Peace, it should have ended 50 pages ago. Ugh!! I hate slugging thru the repeats to an ending that I have already figured out!!!! Good luck with your remaining pages:)