6/01/2009

War and Peace and Real Estate

       I have been under some stress for the past several days. It’s a good stress, mind you. Indeed it’s a happy stress, because Tom and I are hoping to purchase a wonderful and unusual home that we discovered several months ago.        
       Since I learned only ten days ago that it might truly be a possibility, I have hardly been able to sleep. And so far, that’s been okay. 
       But I have to keep my wits about me. Since Tom is extremely busy with his job (and because I am, after all, a lawyer), it will be up to me look after all the details that could make this dream our reality. So I do need to sleep sometime.
       That’s why I decided this would be a perfect month to fulfill my commitment to read War and Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! How exciting! (The house I mean.) I will keep my fingers crossed. NOW reading War & Peace makes all kinds of sense. Blissful sleeping, er, reading to you!

Pam

voncey said...

eek! Good for you! I don't think I could commit to such a long, difficult book. It took me an entire year to read Anna Karenina and I was yelling (SPOILER ALERT) "Jump, jump" by page 30.

Udacha!

YLB said...

I only got as far as "war".

Top Dog said...

Thanks for your good wishes, Pam. And if anyone would like to join in on my quest for this month, please let me know.