7/01/2009

Channeling Audrey Hepburn

       Tolstoy would be outraged. 
       After he spent five years writing "War and Peace" and I spent one month reading it, the final impression my whole "War and Peace" month made on me was how simply adorable Audrey Hepburn was in the role of Natasha.  
       I have long been an admirer of Audrey Hepburn.  When I was a teenager, I watched the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" so many times that I could recite each line of the script before it happened.  It's not my favorite film now, but I will still stop to watch "Roman Holiday" any time it appears on television, even though I have my own DVD of it already.
       There is something so appealing about Hepburn -- something lovely and sweet and warm and innocent, not to mention how great she looks in nearly any item of clothing.
       Maybe I need some of that. 
       At the age of 45, and with the stress of moving and then renovating our new home in the weeks ahead, perhaps I have an excuse to wear sloppy clothes, to give up on the idea of looking good, and to generally be crabby to everyone who crosses me.  
       Instead, I'm going to try to be inspired by Audrey Hepburn. 
       Wish me luck...

2 comments:

NPinsky said...

If you need to recreate a scene from Roman Holiday, you can borrow my Vespa and zip around Denver with your Audrey Hepburn sunglasses and scarf.

ylb said...

But you need to move back to NYC.

And get a long cigarette holder.

And don't go back home with Buddy Ebsen.