1/10/2009

Coming Clean

       Okay, so we have a bit of a clutter problem.  It's not a huge issue. Really. It's not like it's everywhere -- just mainly all over the desk downstairs, and the desk upstairs, and around the phone in the kitchen, and in a few other places.  
       But it is around -- constantly -- and it seems to grow at a rather frightening pace.  For example, that little pile of mail I put on the kitchen island before our company came the other day has already tripled in size.
       And I know it's there. I don't need anyone to point it out to me -- especially not Tom.  I'll deal with it sometime.  And I do know exactly what is in it -- no overdue bills, for example, or any anything like that. Besides, it was critical to give the bed-making issue its due.
       And it isn't like I haven't been doing other cleaning too. I cleaned the entire upstairs two days ago. I have also done some additional Martha-ish tasks. For example, when I took out the kitchen trash the other day, I also wiped out the trash bin, on Martha's recommendation, and even sprayed it with Lysol.  I also cleaned out the inside of the oven yesterday. I didn't actually clean the oven, by any means. But I wet a paper towel with some water and dish soap, and wiped out the inside of the oven. It looked so good afterward that I actually opened up the oven door a few times just to admire it. And I have continued to clean while I cook. In fact, for the last three nights, I have cleaned while cooking so well that when we had finished eating, all I had to do was pop the dishes in the dishwasher. Everything else was already done. And as already described, I have been making the bed, first thing in the morning -- for three days already, counting today.
       Oh no! I have written so much about the vast multitude of cleaning tasks I have accomplished that I have run out of space to address the clutter issue further.  I'll just have to get to it ... tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well way to go and now while getting rid of clutter way to save room in your closets by having all the sheets folded the same size.. the corners all tucked together. Don't feel bad your brother can't do it either..