1/04/2009

An Unexpected Contribution

       I'm writing this quietly, so my husband (Tom) doesn't hear.  Something weird happened yesterday, January 3. 
       We came downstairs to a fairly clean main floor (I'll deal with the upstairs some other time).  Anyway, after breakfast, Tom started re-organizing our bookshelves.  We have maybe a thousand books in a library with 12-foot tall bookcases, and more still throughout our home.  Entirely unprovoked, Tom pulled out the ladder, and spent hours re-shelving and re-arranging the books.  And then, while I napped, he organized the CD collection too. Was he inspired, or infected somehow, by the spirit of Martha?  Is a clean home somehow contagious, so that clean begets clean? 
       I am being careful not to ask these questions out loud.  I'm just enjoying the results.

No comments: